Meet Captain Shikha Surabhi, First Female Officer To Perform In Army Daredevils Team - EntertainmentNews1.com

Breaking

January 25, 2019

Meet Captain Shikha Surabhi, First Female Officer To Perform In Army Daredevils Team

This Saturday, India will celebrate its 70th Republic Day, and Army Daredevils team will turn 84. As we all know, Daredevils give a special performance every year, and this year will be extra special. It is because 28-year-old Captain Shikha Surabhi will be the first female officer to perform with an all-male Daredevils team. She is all geared up to put up a spectacular show on her Royal Enfield 350 CC.
The Daredevils are known for their mind-boggling and dangerous stunts, and until now, no one has ever seen a lady officer performing these life-threatening stunts.


ADVERTISEMENT
While talking to a media portal, Captain Shikha Surabhi said:
“I have been a sportsperson from the beginning. I used to do boxing and play basketball games. I have always been into sports and games which motivated me to join the Indian Army.”

She further added:


“It is a very daring activity to perform stunts with the bike. We have an inner zeal to perform for the 26th January parade.”


She went on to add:
“I have been practising for the last three months. Initially, I wasn’t able to ride a bullet without leaving my hands, the team taught me how to leave my hands and go with the bike. Then I learned slowly how to stand on the bike. I performed different activities with them so that gave me confidence.”




It is very inspiring to see a lady officer proving her mettle and making a name for herself in a skill that is previously thought to be for men only. We salute you, Captain Shikha!

No comments:

Post a Comment